We have had a tremendous start to our competitive sports this year.

Our Hometown Hero, Salma Bi, came to visit and told us about her inspiring cricket journey. We all took part in workshops she ran too. It was brilliant!

“I loved meeting Salma and enjoyed hearing about her journey with cricket.”

“Cricket is my favourite sport. I would love to play professionally when I am older.”

Teams of girls and boys have taken part in a number of football tournaments since September with the East Birmingham School’s Football Association and with Birmingham City Football Club as part of their ‘Primary Stars’ initiative. The teamwork and development of skills has tactics has been amazing to see and the children have loved participating-even when it has been pouring with rain!

“I was so proud of our team and how well we have played so far.” – Marian

“We worked so well together as team which is why we won.” – Aadil

We also took part in an inclusive ‘Panathlon’ event where several children from years 4, 5 and 6 competed against other schools. We finished in overall second place and are now through to the finals! Well done to all the children involved- they made BGPS proud! 

“I loved it and can’t wait to go again.” – Adia

In addition to taking children out of school to compete, we hold a number of inclusive tournaments in school. We welcome anyone to join in a planned event for each year group. This term we have organised dodgeball tournaments for Year 3 and 4 and over 80 children have participated! We hope this continues to prove popular with even more children taking part.

We will continue to take part in as many competitive and non-competitive tournaments as we can, as well as helping everyone to keep up to date with P.E lessons at Bordesley Green. To stay up to date, check out our twitter, page using the hashtag: #bgpspe