Home School Agreement
At Bordesley Green Primary School we care, we create, we champion… individually we succeed, together we excel.
Home School Agreement
The following agreement aims to ensure that the education at Bordesley Green Primary school reinforces the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. These articles apply specifically to our Home School Agreement.
Article 3: The best interests of the child must be a top priority in all decisions and actions that affect children
Article 12: Every child has the right to express their views, feelings and wishes in all matters affecting them, and to have their views considered and taken seriously
Article 13: Every child must be free to express their thoughts and opinions and to access all kinds of information as long as it’s within the law.
Article 18: Both parents share responsibility for bringing up their child and should always consider what is best for the child.
Article 28: Every child has the right to an education.
Article 29: Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full.
The School will:
- Encourage the children to do their best at all times
- Encourage the children to be good citizens by taking care of their surroundings and others around them
- Keep the children safe at all times
- Inform Parents of the children’s progress at regular meetings including the level they are working at (above average, average, below average) with an explanation as to what this means
- Provide an annual written report for the Parents
- Inform the Parents about any concerns or problems that affect their child’s work or behaviour, working with other agencies to enhance learning
- Promote a safe, anti-bullying environment
- Work in partnership with parents to challenge all children to achieve their full potential
The Family will:
- Make sure the child arrives at school on time and is collected on time
- Make sure the child attends regularly and provide a note of explanation/ telephone call if the child is absent
- Support the school policy of not taking children on extended leave during term time, without the Head Teacher’s permission
- Attend Parent’s Evenings to discuss the child’s progress, once each term
- Attend workshops that will help the adult to support the child
- Support the child’s learning at home and let the school know about any concerns or problems that affect the child’s work (including homework) or behaviour
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour and anti-bullying
The child will:
- Always do their best
- Work hard at achieving their targets
- Always do their homework
- Behave well, make the right choices and keep to the school rules
- Be polite and respect other pupils and adults
- Wear their school uniform
- Be a good friend
- Tell an adult if they are sad or worried
Home school agreements are signed by the headteacher, the parent and child regularly throughout each child's education at our school.