The BBC are now producing daily online lessons for all year groups from Yr1 to Yr6. To take part in these daily lessons click on the following link.
You may have heard this site being mentioned in the government daily briefings. It contains daily lessons for all year groups designed by teachers from some of the leading schools in the country. Lessons can be accessed by clicking the link below
The following link will take you to a Government website with a list of online educational resources which you may find helpful in supporting your children to learn at home.
Readon Myon website this website provides digital versions of over 7,000 books for pupils of all ages and abilities to enjoy texts and articles. There is the functionality to hear the books and articles read aloud, key vocabulary is highlighted and there is a link to an online dictionary for easy reference.
The list includes primary school subject-specific resources for:
- special educational needs and disability.
Please note these resources are currently being offered for free but you will need to check costs on an ongoing basis.
Other Useful Educational websites
Although we suggest the following websites for educational purposes, it is the parents responsibility to monitor and supervise when using these.
Mrs Jenkin's has found the following links to authors reading the well known stories - appropriate for children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
https://www.oliverjeffers.com/abookaday - Oliver Jeffers has begun a book a day since lockdown of all of his books with some of his friends
https://www.worldbookday.com/storytime-online/ - Various stories for different ages on the World Book Day Website
Phonics- appropriate for children in Reception and Key Stage 1
- Phonics Play- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Mr Thorne does phonics- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7sW4j8p7k9D_qRRMUsGqyw
- Jolly phonics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2HYM9VXz9k
- Teach Your Monster To Read https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwM24mdCh6AIVCLLtCh3SlApPEAAYASAAEgIctvD_BwE
- Audible.com - All children's stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet using this following link.
- Oxford Owl https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- White Rose Maths - We use White Rose a lot in school, This site now includes daily maths lessons for each year group as well as short videos to support learning.
- TT Rockstars (logins have been created at school)
- Natwest My Money Sense website
- Classroom Secrets
- Classroom Secrets Home learning Timetable
- Joe Wicks, The Body Coach You tube channel - Kids workouts to do at home
- Get Set Tokto website
- Active Kids Do Better Website
- Aspire Active Hub
- Jigsaw at Home website
- Seven Trent Water Activities at home
- British Red Cross Activities at Home
- Young Enterprise
Financial Education - HSBC
Help children explore the world of work and earning money with our lesson around Emma Dodd’s wonderful Fairer Tales. Whisk them away to fantastical lands and let their imaginations run wild.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_IC-Hj4YIqQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Help children build their understanding of money and how to spend it wisely as they prepare for an exciting Antarctic adventure. This lesson is designed in partnership with Young Money for children aged 7 to 9. To help children of all ages and young teenagers to learn more about money visit: https://www.hsbc.co.uk/financial-educ...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EgJmVfWF7ds" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Help children stay safe from fraud. With eye-opening facts, top tips and fun quizzes, they’ll be detecting scams in no time. This lesson is designed for children aged 10 years and over.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sluGo7ysgFg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The following websites provide advice and links to support children with SEND:
The Virtual Great Science Share
Each year, during the summer term Bordesley Green Primary School takes part in the Great Sience Share. This year due to school closures they have decided to host the event virtually and would like children and parents to take part by carrying out science projects at home. For more information click here.